The Texans host the Los Angeles Rams this Sunday at NRG Stadium. Kickoff is set for noon CT, and it's the first regular-season meeting between the two squads since November 12 of 2017. That contest took place in the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
The two teams are linked by a variety of connections. Some of those are listed below.
- The Texans have a pair of receivers who were once Rams. Danny Amendola played for the St. Louis Rams from 2009 through 2012, while Brandin Cooks was a Los Angeles Ram in 2018 and 2019.
- Texans Defensive Coordinator Lovie Smith was the Associate Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator for the Rams in 2003.
Check out the best photos from the Houston Texans Week 7 matchup with the Arizona Cardinals.
- Rams RB Buddy Howell played for the Texans from 2018 through the 2021 preseason.
- Texans K Ka'imi Fairbairn played his college ball at UCLA.
- Rams TE Coach Wes Phillips' hometown is Houston, and his father Wade was the Texans' Defensive Coordinator from 2011 through 2013.
- Texans Head Coach David Culley was the position coach for Rams WR DeSean Jackson when the two were in Philadelphia together from 2008 through 2013.
- Texans DL DeMarcus Walker and Rams DB Jalen Ramsey both played for the 2013 National Champion Florida State Seminoles.
The Texans will practice Wednesday through Friday at the Houston Methodist Training Center. They'll host the Los Angeles Rams on October 31 in Week 8. Kickoff is set for noon CT. Click here for tickets.