For the first time since 2017, the Texans face the Seahawks. The two franchises have met four times in the past and Seattle's taken three of those four games. The two squads share many connections and courtesy of the Texans Media Relations staff, here are a few of the more notable links.
- Texans OL Justin Britt spent 2014 through 2019 with Seattle, starting a combined 86 games in six seasons. He was drafted in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft.
- Seahawks OL Duane Brown was a first-round pick of the Texans in 2008, appeared in a trio of Pro Bowls with the club and started 133 games for Houston.
- Texans LB Kevin Pierre-Louis was taken by Seattle in the fourth round of the 2014 NFL Draft, just two rounds after Britt. He spent three seasons with the Seahawks and played in 34 games.
- Seahawks OL Kyle Fuller was a seventh-round draft pick of the Texans in 2017. He's been with Seattle the last two years.
- The Seahawks traded DL Jacob Martin to the Texans in 2019, one year after selecting him in the sixth round.
- DB John Reid was a Texans fourth-round draft pick in 2020 and dealt to the Seahawks in late August.
- Seahawks LB Jordyn Brooks is from Houston and played high school football at Stratford.
- Seahawks DB Quandre Diggs is from Angleton, just outside of Houston.
- Texans Wide Receivers Coach Robert Prince held the same title with Seattle in 2009.
- Seahawks Special Teams Coordinator Larry Izzo grew up in The Woodlands, played high school football at McCullough and then starred at Rice University before an NFL career that lasted from 1996 to 2009. He was selected to three Pro Bowls as a player and was the Texans Special Teams Coordinator in 2016 and 2017.
- Seahawks Associate Head Coach Carl Smith was a Texans Quarterbacks Coach in 2019 and an offensive consultant in 2020.
- Seahawks Assistant Special Teams Coach Tracy Smith held the same post in Houston in 2018 and 2019 and was the Texans Special Teams Coordinator in 2020.
See the Texans host the Seahawks on December 12 at NRG Stadium in Week 14.Kickoff is set for noon CT. Click here for tickets