Texans Care Volunteer Day is back, but with a twist due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The eighth annual Texans Care Volunteer Day presented by Chevron will go virtual on Saturday, May 9. Due to the current environment, this year's initiative is aimed at creating an entire day of positivity and appreciation on social media in Houston and beyond. Texans celebrities including players, Legends, Cheerleaders, TORO and other Texans celebrities will partake in the event."Texans Care Volunteer Day has been one of my favorite community impact events since its inception seven years ago," Houston Texans president Jamey Rootes said. "Although this year's edition comes in a virtual format, we are blessed to be able to continue this positive social movement and I am excited to see our amazing fans share photos and videos of their volunteer activities that help so many vulnerable Texans. "Saturday is also the perfect opportunity for us to show our heartfelt appreciation for the team at the Houston Food Bank and for all of the Texans that volunteered to help feed the hungry in the greater Houston region during this challenging time."
Fans and Texans alike are encouraged to use #TexansCare and share how they or someone they know is inflicting positive change in the community by displaying the Texans Care mentality. Any fan who uses #TexansCare on May 9 will also be entered to win two tickets to a Houston Texans home game and a $2,500 donation to the charity of their choice.
Here are a few ways to be a part of the social movement to spread appreciation and positivity:
- Post a photo or video sharing your appreciation for someone.
- Color a Texans Care thank you message for an essential worker.
- Cook a meal for a neighbor who is working on the front lines.
- Send take-out from a local restaurant to a loved one or elderly neighbor.
- Sidewalk chalk encouraging messages outside of your house.
- Send cards to those in nursing homes and hospitals.
- Make an encouraging sign and post it outside your house or window.
- Any other way you would like to show #TexansCare.
This day of giving would not be possible without the commitment and dedication from our partners Chevron, the Texans official volunteerism partner, United Way, Ashley HomeStore, BMW and Apache.
For more information, check out www.HoustonTexans.com/tcvd.