The Texans and Dolphins meet in Miami Gardens this Sunday at noon CT. Both clubs are 1-7, and they share numerous connections on their respective coaching staffs and rosters. With so many links, we're highlighting a few of the more prominent ones and listed them below.
- Texans LB Kamu Grugier-Hill spent the 2020 campaign with the Dolphins. Fellow LB Neville Hewitt was with Miami from 2015 through 2017. WR Danny Amendola was a Dolphin in 2018 and threw a touchdown pass at NRG Stadium when he and Miami lost a Thursday-nighter that season to the Texans.
- They're on the reserve/injured (IR) list now, but OL Laremy Tunsil and DL Vincent Taylor both played in Miami. Tunsil from 2016 through 2018 and Taylor in 2017 and 2018.
- Three former Texans are now with the Dolphins in RB Duke Johnson, OL Greg Mancz and LB Brennan Scarlett.
- Texans RB Coach Danny Barrett held the same position with Miami in 2016 and 2017.
- Dolphins Co-Offensive Coordinator/TE Coach George Godsey was a Texans assistant from 2014 through 2016.
- Texans OL Justin McCray is from Miami, and CB Jimmy Moreland is from Belle Glade, Florida, which is 80 miles northwest of Miami.
- Texans TE Brevin Jordan played college football for the Miami Hurricanes.
- Dolphins DB Xavien Howard is from Houston and played high school football for Wheatley. Dolphins DL Emmanuel Ogbah was a standout at Richmond's George Bush High School, while rookie WR Jaylen Waddle is from Houston and played at Episcopal High School.
The next time you can see the Texans at NRG Stadium will be on November 28 as they host the New York Jets in Week 12. Kickoff is set for noon CT. Click here for tickets.
The Houston Texans roster in photos.