Get to know defensive lineman DeMarcus Walker, signed as an unrestricted free agent on April 16, 2021.
Name: DeMarcus Walker
Position: Defensive lineman
Height/Weight: 6-4, 280
Hometown: Jacksonville, Florida
School: Florida State
Get to know Walker:
- Walker revealed his new team with this Instagram post.
- He was drafted by the Denver Broncos with the 19th pick of the second round (51st overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft.
- Walker went on to play four seasons (2017-20) with the Broncos, appearing in 36 games (five starts) and recording 51 tackles (31 solo), 10 tackles for loss, 10.5 sacks for a loss of 65.5 yards, 16 quarterback hits, one pass defensed, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.
- Last season against the New Orleans Saints in Week 12, Walker sacked quarterback Taysom Hill twice and also forced a fumble. It was the second multi-sack game of his career.
- Walker played four seasons (2013-16) at Florida State University and was named a consensus All-American and the ACC Defensive Player of the Year as a senior (2016). His 16.0 sacks that season were the second highest in the nation and third most in a season at FSU.
- During his freshman season in 2013, Walker played in 12 games (three starts) and notched 18 total tackles (nine solo), 2.0 tackles for loss, 1.0 sack and three quarterback hits during the Seminoles run to a BCS National Championship.
- Walker has been open about his struggles with stuttering throughout his life.
- He has since returned to his former schools, Sandalwood High School and Rufus E. Payne Elementary School, to speak to students about his experiences growing up in Jacksonville.
- In 2020, Walker appeared in 13 games (four starts) and logged a single-season career-high 4.5 sacks, while also adding 18 total tackles (nine solo), five quarterback hits, three tackles for loss and a forced fumble.
Experience gameday together. Browse tickets here.