Check out our series highlighting new 2021 player signings for the Houston Texans.
Get to know defensive lineman Vincent Taylor, signed as an unrestricted free agent on March 22, 2021.
Name: Vincent Taylor
Position: Defensive lineman
Height, Weight: 6-3, 311
Hometown: New Orleans, Louisiana
School: Oklahoma State
Get to know Vincent:
- Taylor grew up in New Orleans but moved to Texas with his family after their home and belongings were destroyed by Hurricane Katrina in August 2005.
- He attended James Madison High School in San Antonio and was a Class 5A first-team all-state selection by the Texas Sportswriters Association.
- Taylor's brother currently lives in Houston.
- A sixth-round draft pick for Miami in 2017, Taylor played two seasons for the Dolphins (2017-18) where he was teammates with Texans offensive lineman Laremy Tunsil.
- Even though he was placed on injured reserve during his 2018 season, Taylor set single-season career highs in total tackles (27), sacks (2.0), quarterback hits (two) and tackles for loss (three) in just eight games.
- Taylor has a knack for blocking kicks. At Oklahoma State, he blocked two in the Cowboys' 2016 victory over the Texas Longhorns. He continued to block field goals in the NFL with the Dolphins and even last year as a Cleveland Brown.
- Last season with the Browns, Taylor played in 15 regular season games with one start and finished with 12 total tackles (nine solo), two tackles for loss, one quarterback hit and a fumble recovery. He also saw action in both of the Browns' postseason contests.
Join the Houston Texans family by signing up for the FREE Priority Waitlisthere.