Get to know linebacker Kamu Grugier-Hill, signed as an unrestricted free agent on March 23, 2021.
Name: Kamu Grugier-Hill
Height/Weight: 6-2, 230
Hometown: Papakolea, Hawaii
School: Eastern Illinois
Get to know Kamu:
- Kamu Grugier-Hill, pronounced KAH-moo GREW-jay HILL, played four seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles (2016-19) and one with the Miami Dolphins (2020).
- He was originally selected by the New England Patriots in the sixth round (208th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft, but was waived as part of the final roster cuts and picked up the next day by the Eagles.
- In his five NFL seasons, Grugier-Hill has amassed 89 tackles (66 solo), 12 tackles for loss, 2.0 sacks, five quarterback hits, one interception two passes defensed, one forced fumble and two fumble recoveries in 69 career games with 17 starts. On special teams, he has recorded 37 tackles (31 solo) and one forced fumble.
- He earned a Super Bowl LII ring with the Eagles following their 2017-18 championship season.
- The Hawaii native attended Kamehameha High School in Honolulu where he played soccer and volleyball.
- Grugier-Hill, who didn't play football until his junior year, was a safety and served as the team's punter during his senior year. He was a first-team All-Interscholastic League selection at linebacker.
- He played four seasons (2012-15) at Eastern Illinois and earned All-Ohio Valley Conference honors his final two years there.
- He was teammates with quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo at Eastern Illinois for two seasons (2012-13).
- Last season with the Dolphins, Grugier-Hill saw action in 15 games (one start) and totaled 23 tackles (17 solo), 1.0 sack, two quarterback hits, one tackle for loss, one fumble recovery and five special teams tackles.
Join the Houston Texans family by signing up for the FREE Priority Waitlisthere.