Get to know linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louis, signed as an unrestricted free agent on March 24, 2021.
Name: Kevin Pierre-Louis
Height/Weight: 6-0, 231
Hometown: Norwalk, Connecticut
School: Boston College
Get to know Kevin:
- Pierre-Louis, a 2014 fourth-round NFL Draft selection for the Seahawks, played three seasons for Seattle (2014-16) before being traded to the Kansas City Chiefs (2017). He also played one season for the New York Jets (2018), Chicago Bears (2019) and Washington Football Team (2020).
- He has appeared in 83 career games (15 starts) and recorded 156 total tackles (100 solo), eight tackles for loss, 2.0 sacks, eight quarterback hits, one interception, eight passes defensed, two forced fumbles and added 28 tackles and one fumble recovery on special teams.
- Both his mother and his father are of Haitian descent. His father's side of the family is from the town of Léogâne and his mother's side lives in Port-au-Prince.
- Pierre-Louis played four seasons (2010-13) at Boston College and started in all 44 games. He earned All-ACC First-Team honors as a senior after finishing with 108 total tackles (67 solo), 10.5 tackles for loss and 6.0 sacks in 2013.
- At King Low Heywood Thomas High School, Pierre-Louis was selected as the 2009-10 Gatorade Connecticut Football Player of the Year when he recorded 159 total tackles as a linebacker and 914 rushing yards and 13 rushing touchdowns as a fullback. He also played for his high school basketball and lacrosse teams.
- Last season, Pierre-Louis set single-season career highs in starts (11), total tackles (56), and tackles for loss (three). He also recorded 1.0 sack, two passes defensed, three quarterback hits and one forced fumble.
Join the Houston Texans family by signing up for the FREE Priority Waitlist here.