Get to know punter Cameron Johnston, signed as a free agent on March 30, 2021.
Name: Cameron Johnston
Height/Weight: 5-11, 194
Hometown: Geelong, Australia
School: Ohio State
Get to know Cameron:
- Johnston was a former Australian Rules football player for Melbourne Football Club. He was selected by Melbourne in the 2011 AFL rookie draft.
- He rescued a Golden Retriever puppy named Bella and has a passion for helping other rescue animals find their homes.
- He trained for a career in U.S. football with Prokick Australia, a Melbourne-based punter/kicker training academy headed up by former Australian soccer player and NFL punter Nathan Chapman.
- Johnston earned a spot on Ohio State's roster where he played four seasons (2013-16) under head coach Urban Meyer. In his first two seasons, he led all Big Ten punters with a 44.0 and 45.1 yard punting average, respectively.
- During his senior year, Johnston was named Big Ten Eddleman-Fields Punter of the Year and a was a second-team All-America selection after totaling 57 punts for 2,614 yards (46.7 average) in 2016.
- Johnston received an invitation to the 2017 NFL Scouting Combine where he finished as the third-fastest special teamer after running a 4.92 second 40-yard dash.
- The Philadelphia Eagles signed Johnston as an undrafted college free agent but waived him prior to the start of the 2017 season. The team signed him again on January 3, 2018 and Johnston saw action in all 16 games each season from 2018-2020.
- In 2018, Johnston set single-season Eagle franchise records in gross punting average (48.1) and net punting average (42.7), ranking third and fourth in the NFL in those categories.
- Johnston, who made his playoff debut in 2018, recorded five punts for 241 yards (48.2 average) with three punts inside the 20-yard line in the NFC Divisional Round game at New Orleans.
- He kicked a career-long 68-yard punt at Tennessee on September 30, 2018. He set a single-game record of five punts inside the 20-yard line on December 9, 2019 against the New York Giants.
- Last season, Johnston finished fourth in the NFL in both punting yards (3,318) and net punting yards (2,924) while tying for sixth in the league in punts inside the 20-yard line (26).
Experience gameday together. Browse tickets here.