Check out our new series highlighting the Houston Texans 2021 rookie class.
Meet linebacker Garret Wallow, drafted with the 26th pick of the fifth round (170th overall) of the 2021 NFL Draft.
Full name: Garret Wallow
Height/Weight: 6-3, 230
Hometown: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Wallow is just the second player drafted from TCU in Texans history (Ross Blacklock, 2020). He is currently one of three Horned Frogs on the roster, joining Blacklock and offensive lineman Marcus Cannon.
- In his four-year career for the Horned Frogs (2017-20), Wallow recorded 295 tackles (177 solo), 32.5 tackles for loss, 9.5 sacks, one interception, five passes defensed and three forced fumbles in 49 games.
- Wallow earned back-to-back First-Team All-Big 12 honors in his final two seasons (2019-20) at TCU. He was also a 2020 Academic All-Big 12 recipient.
- In 2020, Wallow was team captain for all TCU games and the lone player in the coin toss. He led the team in tackles for a second-straight season and ranked second in the Big 12 with 90 tackles and 9.0 tackles for loss. He also had 3.0 sacks, five quarterback hits and three forced fumbles.
- Wallow received an invitation to play in the 2021 Senior Bowl, but was unable to participate due to COVID-19 protocols.
- He had an impressive Pro Day though, reportedly recording a 4.65 40-yard dash, a 1.64 second 10-yard split and a 32.5 vertical jump.
- In high school, Wallow was ranked the No. 3 safety in Louisiana and No. 37 overall player in the state.
The Houston Texans made multiple trades in Round 5 of the 2021 NFL Draft, moving up to select Texas Christian University linebacker Garret Wallow with the 170th overall pick.