Get to know offensive lineman Geron Christian Sr., claimed off waivers from the Washington Football Team on May 21, 2021.
Name: Geron Christian Sr.
Position: Offensive lineman
Height/Weight: 6-6, 315
Hometown: Ocala, Florida
Get to know Geron:
- Geron is pronounced JARE-en.
- Christian was selected in the third round (74th overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft and spent three seasons (2018-20) with the Washington Football Team, appearing in 24 games with eight starts.
- Christian and Jonathan Greenard reunite as Texan teammates after playing three seasons together at the University of Louisville.
- The Ocala native started all 39 games during his three seasons (2015-17) the University of Louisville and earned all-ACC honors in each of those campaigns. The Cardinals finished with the third-ranked offense in the country during his final two seasons.
- Christian earned third-team all-league accolades after helping the Cardinals average 532.6 yards of total offense and protecting Lamar Jackson during his Heisman Trophy winning season in 2016.
- As a true freshman in 2015, he was the only offensive lineman to start every game for Louisville and earned an All-ACC honorable mention selection after the Cardinals' win over Texas A&M in the Music City Bowl.
- Christian grew up playing basketball and only began football during his final two years of high school. He transferred from West Port High School where he totaled a double-double on the basketball court, averaging 14 points per game and 13 rebounds per game average.
- His brother is former NFL tight end Gerald Christian who played two seasons with the Arizona Cardinals (2013-14).
- Christian began the 2020 season as Washington's left tackle and made six starts before suffering a season-ending injury.
Experience gameday together. Browse tickets here.
The Texans hit the Houston Methodist Training Center on Tuesday during the third week of OTAs.