Check out our new series highlighting the Houston Texans 2021 rookie class.
Meet quarterback Davis Mills, drafted with the third pick of the third round (67th overall) of the 2021 NFL Draft.
Full name: Davis Mills
Height/Weight: 6-4, 225
Hometown: Duluth, Georgia
- Mills finished his four years at Stanford (2017-20) with a 65.5 career completion percentage that ranked third in school history. His 141.9 career passer rating is fourth-best in school history.
- Named team captain as a senior in 2020, Mills earned All-Pac-12 honorable mention and the Irving S. Zeimer Award for Team MVP.
- He missed the season opener in 2020 due to a COVID-19 testing protocol error but started the final five games after that. He completed 129-of-195 passes for 1,508 yards and seven passing touchdowns. His three rushing touchdowns ranked second on the team.
- He made his first career start as a junior in 2019 against USC. Mills completed 22-of-36 passes for 237 yards and a touchdown. Two games later, he threw three touchdown passes and made an eight-yard touchdown catch against Oregon State earning the Allstate Sugar Bowl Manning Award Star of the Week.
- Mills is the youngest of three kids in his family. He has two sisters, Erin and Ali, who both played collegiate tennis.
- At Greater Atlanta Christian School, Mills finished his football career as the school's career leader in touchdown passes (66) and passing yards (6,290). Mills, who led the team to three regional titles and two state runner-ups, was the nation's top-ranked quarterback by Scouts and Rivals.
- His middle sister, Ali, played a fifth year of tennis at the University of Houston. After earning her M.B.A., she obtained a local job in wealth management and currently resides in the city.
- Mills majored in Science, Technology and Society at Stanford.
Join the Houston Texans family by signing up for the FREE Priority Waitlist here.