1) DD: What is the perfect postgame meal after a win at NRG Stadium?
Watkins: A nice steak from Steak 48 or Mastro's. A nice ribeye, medium well or medium. Got to have mac-and-cheese, mashed potatoes, and you've got to have a green.
2) DD: What makes you laugh?
Watkins: I'm a goofy guy, really. It doesn't take too much to make me laugh.
3) DD: Who is the first person you text or you call after a game?
Watkins: Probably my dad. Also, one of my former coaches, Coach McDowell. We discuss what happened in the game and whatnot.
4) DD: So are they giving you constructive criticism?
Watkins: Yeah, for sure. It's not too constructive right after the game, especially if it's a loss. But they give me some feedback that I definitely need to hear.
5) DD: Let's rank the famous Carloses. You got yourself. The Astros shortstop, Carlos Correa. Assassin Carlos the Jackal. Carlos Santana, the guitarist. And Carlos the baby from 'The Hangover'.
Watkins: I'll put Carlos the Jackal at 5, and then I'll be four. Then I'll put Carlos Santana at 3. Carlos Correa at two. Baby Carlos from 'The Hangover' is number one.
6) DD: We're in the pandemic. We're all wearing masks when we're around others and we're being careful. But once this all ends, do you think when you go to a movie theater or a restaurant that we should have to check our shoes at the door?
Watkins: No. I don't think we should do that because honestly, I know people who really don't wear socks and their feet really stink bad.
7) DD: What's the first movie that gave you nightmares?
Watkins: Chucky (Child's Play). I had older cousins and they wanted to scare me, and it definitely got to me. I really didn't want to sleep all night and fall asleep. It kind of messed up my mind a little bit.
8) DD: I don't have the exact stats in front of me, but I believe that older cousins are responsible for 93 percent of the scary movies watched by little kids. Like, you don't watch a scary movie unless an older cousin or two has tricked you into it, right?
Watkins: Yes. I'm with you on that.
9) DD: What is the one app on your phone that you cannot live without?
Watkins: Oh, man. Instagram, for sure.
10) DD: Let's say you're stranded on an island, but you have an unlimited amount of water and you're definitely guaranteed one meal a day. What two things are you going to bring with you to that island?
Watkins: I'm definitely going to bring my girlfriend with me. I'd also need a bed. I need somewhere I can sleep really comfortably.
11) DD: Which of your teammates would thrive in that environment?
Watkins: J.J. Watt and Peter Kalambayi. If we are stranded out there on our own, they are going to make something happen. We're going to get something done.
12) Which teammates are not going to make it?
Watkins: Brandon Dunn and Charles Omenihu. They're flashy guys and don't really like being out there in the outdoors.
Check out some photos from the Texans practice on Wednesday.