1) DD: You're wearing a nice gold chain. What's the story behind it?
Fairbairn: Thank you. This is a little sparkle. A little present from my from my dad. So I've got to rep it. It's got a little twinkle. It's nice. I get a lot compliments.
2) DD: How is your Dad doing back in Hawaii?
Fairbairn: He's good. He's living the dream. He's got a boat he's working on right now. He wants to get out and go fishing on it. He's building it from scratch. So it's a pretty cool deal.
3) DD: Are you a fisherman?
Fairbairn: I wish. I don't fish. I wish. Still a work in progress.
4) DD: So what water sports or water activities are you into?
Fairbairn: I always loved land sports. My brother was one of the guys who developed a real love for the ocean. Not that I don't love it, but I grew that love later on. Surfing is a real tough sport, but I enjoy my part of it.
5) DD: So you dabble in surfing and boogie boarding. Do you do any body surfing? Any stand up paddleboarding? Kayaking? Canoeing?
Fairbairn: I love all that stuff. You take me out there, that's one of the things I'm doing for sure.
6) DD: Who's your favorite soccer player of all time?
Fairbairn: That's an easy one. Thierry Henry from my team Arsenal. Back in back in the early 2000s, I grew up watching him. Soccer was my first love. It's got a special place in my heart.
7) DD: You played soccer in high school against Texans linebacker Kamu Grugier-Hill. You guys ever reminisce about the old days?
Fairbairn: Oh, yeah. We try to. We were rivals. I like to say we got the better of Kamu back in the day. So I remind him of it every once in awhile.
8) DD: How wild is it that you're in the NFL and now on the same team with somebody you played against in high school?
Fairbairn: It's special. We got a few guys around the league. Hawaii's a very tight-knit community, and there's a lot of talent out there. We always catch up when we see each other on the sidelines and when they play for other teams. It's just nice to have Kamu on the team.
9) DD: Take me through a little bit of your game day. When you have a night game, what's your pregame meal?
Fairbairn: The late games are tough. It's a lot of waiting around. I have to take a nap whether I want to or not, just because the late games, there's so much time, you got to sleep. My pregame meal is definitely stir fry. I'm a big stir fry guy. Whip it up with little broccoli, a little carrots or chicken, some rice, obviously teriyaki sauce and soy sauce. That's my go-to.
10) DD: They have that available for every pregame meal?
Fairbairn: (Director of Team Wellness) Ladd (Harris) hooks it up. He knows what I like. Ladd knows.
11) DD: What do you drink?
Fairbairn: There's those Poppi drinks. Poppi Orange. Tastes fantastic.